Thursday, May 22, 2008

He is... Skeego-Monkey!

I may have posted this pic before. I'm certainly not going to go back and check. I don't know where the inspiration came from, but here he is. I call him Skeego-Monkey, and I envisioned him as an enigmatic, slightly sinister presence in some weird vignette about a kid preparing for bed.

At some point, she gazes out her bedroom window and Skeego-Monkey is floating there under a tree.

The kid would shudder, feel a small thrill of fear. But mostly Skeego-Monkey would remain an enigmatic phenomenon. Jarring and alien against the mundane backdrop of a suburban nocturne. She'd sleep with the light on, with her head under the covers, the way I used to whenever my imagination became too much for me to face a dark room and the ability to see out the window at what might be hovering there in the night.

No comments: